At BIORAY®, all of our products are herbal tinctures that have been expertly formulated, tested and used with great success by patients and doctors for over 20 years.
What is a Tincture?
Tinctures, are herbs macerated, soaked or steeped, in a liquid base of alcohol to draw out the plant properties. For centuries, tinctures have been used in many systems of integrative medicine. They are safe and effective for children, adults, and sensitive individuals.
BIORAY® uses only certified organic, GMO and gluten free grain neutral spirits.
The amount of alcohol per dose in BioRay's herbal tinctures is less than what is found in a ripe banana.
Alcohol provides the following benefits:
- It is an effective natural preservative, maintaining the potency of ingredients
- Lowers the surface tension of the liquid, making it much easier to absorb and permeate the cell membrane
- The most effective way to obtain a full spectrum of the biologically active plant properties
- Alcohol extracts / removes both the water-soluble and the hydrophobic (alkanes, oils, and fats) compounds
- When digestion is compromised, tinctures increase the body's ability to absorb and utilize the nutrients in the supplement
- An alcohol tincture is the most balanced and effective way an herb can be prepared to use as a remedy
- It is an easy way to control the dose a drop at a time.
Individuals with alcohol sensitivity or those that wish to avoid alcohol, simply pour boiling water over your intake amount of the tincture and drink when cooled. Alcohol has a lower evaporation point than boiling water and very little will be left in the solution.