Pollutants can take a toll on anyone, which is why many people use organic detox products to reduce the effects of toxins on the body. Individuals who have a high histamine response may feel the effects of pollution particularly strongly during the warmer months, which may result in breathing problems. Recently, Josh Wagner, M.D. released some suggestions for warding off the symptoms of seasonal sensitivity.
He said that contrary to a popular misconception, high histamine response does not stem from a excessive pollen count. "If that were the underlying factor, everyone would get sick and symptomatic. The underlying cause is your immune system being unable to successfully adapt and fend off these outside invaders," Wagner said.
The expert recommended that people start by improving their diet, which may help increase the body's ability to ward off unwelcome substances. He suggested consuming more fish that contain omega-3 fatty acids, and fruits that are high in vitamin C, such as oranges. Wagner also said that vitamin D is important for the body, so people should try to spend time outdoors each day, always wearing sunscreen to protect against harmful UV rays. This nutrient can also be found in supplements, certain fish and fortified milk and cereal.
Additional herbs known to support the immune system and histamine response can be found in BioRay’s Loving Energy. Some of the ingredients listed here will give you the rationale behind the formula.
- Solomon’s Seal root supports the lungs and is moistening, important during histamine season.
- Reishi Mushroom called “the mushroom of immortality” it is such a potent immune builder it is also noted to boost the spirit and promote sound sleep.
- Schizandra berry, an adaptogenic herb promotes mental function, strengthens internal organs and supports the central nervous system.
- Eleuthero Ginseng another adaptogenic herb, helps the body respond to stressors. That can be anything from physical stress, such as illness or injury, to emotional. Since the adrenal glands are a primary way the body manages stress, eleuthrococcus supports adrenal function.
- Licorice Root provides compounds that work with the body to support healthy lungs, throat, and overall bronchial and respiratory function. Licorice is also used to support our natural healthy energy levels and blood sugar levels already in healthy range.
To further support removing pollution, you can add products to Loving Energy such as NDF Plus to bind to toxins to better get to the root of the problem and support the immune system.
The expert also said that to improve health, it may be a good idea to avoid any foods that come in plastic wrappers or boxes, since these are often highly processed and refined. Finally, it's important for people to make sure they their living environment is not contributing to their high histamine response. The doctor suggested that individuals get an air filter for the home, especially for the bedroom.