Stephanie's Stay Slim Tips for Holiday Indulging
One of the best things about herbs and biochemistry is using them to support the body in a meal of indulgence and do little to no damage for it. In our clinical experience, people need to have fun to improve their health. It seems at times that good tasting food and a healthy body can be on opposite ends of the spectrum. This does not have to be so. Below are tricks of the trade that we have used for over a decade to keep the body in balance, all while still indulging in good food, good drinks and of course being thankful.
- Minimize ice in your drinks. Cold beverages close the digestion and make the breaking down (metabolizing) of food slow and difficult. If you like lots of ice, add number 2 below.
- Balance raw foods or ice-cold beverages with cooked, warming foods such steamed vegetables, soups and/or meat.
- Chew each bite to a liquid to get the most nutrient value out of food and this gives your gut time to tell your brain when it is full. No need to diet when you follow this, really!
- Balance the foods that are taboo for you by adding two foods that are beneficial for your blood type. Wheat is a “no” food for O blood type, but generally an “O” can eat wheat pasta with little to no damage when adding an arugula salad and steamed asparagus. To find out more about eating right for your blood type, click here.
- If you would like to seriously decrease your appetite before a big debaucher of a meal, take 7 Pines Barley tablets. This expands in the stomach and has the nice side effect of balancing blood sugars, cleaning the blood, and moistening the bowels.
- If you do overeat, take 2 tubes of Curing Pills a Chinese Patent Remedy, or you can be pre-emptive and take a tube of Pill Curing before your heavy meal and a tube after. If you prefer the German way, take 4 - 6 Wobenzym tablets before and after your meal for the same effect. With either of these remedies you will have an easy night of digestion.
- When consuming alcohol, eat protein. Protein has a stabilizing effect on blood sugars while carbohydrates increase them (note spinning often occurs here). You will experience clearer thinking when you drink eating fish rather than eating pasta with your cocktail.
- Balance the effects of over-alcoholization by adding bitters to alkalize your drinks. Think “Old Fashioned” or “Martini”. Lady Passion™, Red Rooster™ and Loving Energy™ act the same as bitters. They increase oxygen so you have a slow steady increase in alcohol’s effects. Make holiday drinks with these herbal tonics and your family and friends will reap their additional benefits.
- If you are going the traditional route of a rum and coke, take 2 -3 droppers of Liver Life™ followed 20 minutes later with 4 activated charcoal capsules before drinking alcohol. This keeps the excess acidity moving down and out and supports the liver to process it.
- Be a double-fister! For every alcoholic drink you have, drink a seltzer or mineral water with lemon
- You can get your metabolism up (burn fat) by moving, think brisk walking, at least 10-20 minutes every day and no one will notice the levels of your joyful eating!
- For all orders over $75 from now until Thanksgiving, receive a free tube of Pill Curing!
- 6 to 10 Seckel pears
- 4 cups (32 ounces) vodka
- 8 droppers full Loving Energy™
- ½ a cup of organic sugar
- 12 sprigs fresh rosemary plus more for garnish
- 1 1/2 cups (12 ounces) pear nectar
- 4 cups (32 ounces) sparkling water
- Put enough pears into a 48-ounce glass jar to fill. Add vodka. Seal jar, and let stand at room temperature 2 weeks (up to 2 months).
- Heat sugar and 1-cup water in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, stirring until sugar has dissolved. Add rosemary; remove from heat. Let stand 30 minutes. Discard rosemary. Let cool completely. Syrup can be refrigerated in an airtight container up to 1 month.
- Fill 12-ounce glasses halfway with ice. Add 4 tablespoons vodka, 2 tablespoons syrup, and 3 tablespoons pear nectar to each. Top with 1/2-cup sparkling water. Serve garnished with rosemary sprigs.
Loading... Please wait...