#6: The Liver, Beautiful Skin, Healthy Hormones, and Cholesterol
45 Day Total Body Detox 2022
By Stephanie Ray, BCN, CNHP
Beautiful skin, healthy hormones, and cholesterol all depend on the liver for balance. Let’s look at these connections.
- The skin acts as our check engine light and is a great indicator of how well the internal organs are functioning
- Skin irritations or blemishes can indicate inefficient liver function
- Using creams, lotions, and medications on skin irritations may provide temporary relief, but the issue will continue to return unless the root cause is identified and addressed
- The liver manufactures 80% of the cholesterol in the blood
- The liver plays a vital role in regulating cholesterol levels in the body
- Cholesterol is a building block of hormones
- Along with Vitamin D and bile salts, cholesterol helps create neurotransmitters such as serotonin and dopamine
- The liver regulates the balance of hormones in the body
- When there are toxins present in our body, our adrenals release stress hormones as a response. When we begin to remove these toxins, stress hormones are again released.
- The liver processes, transforms, and removes excess hormones from the body
- A congested or inefficient liver can lead to emotional imbalances
Supporting and nourishing the liver is key to glowing skin, healthy cholesterol levels, and happy hormones. If stress or adrenal exhaustion is also a factor, combining Liver Life® and Loving Energy® is a great place to start. The benefits of these two BIORAY products include:
- Reduced skin irritations
- Balanced hormones
- Restful sleep
- Balanced energy and mood
- Improved nutrient absorption
- Balanced histamine response
Yummy Roasted Veggie Bowl for the Liver & Adrenals
- 5 cups mixed veggies, chopped. Cauliflower, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, sweet potatoes, beets, onions, and squash are great options
- 1 avocado, diced
- ½ head cauliflower
- 2 T extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ c tahini
- ¼ c warm water
- 2 t coconut aminos
- 2 t honey
- 2 T lemon juice
- ½ bulb of garlic, roasted (can roast along with veggies)
- 2 droppers of Liver Life and 2 droppers of Loving Energy
Toss veggies together with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Spread evenly on a baking sheet and roast in a 400-degree oven for 30 minutes, flipping halfway.
Chop ½ head of cauliflower into small florets, add to a food processor and pulse until the size of rice. Add ½ cup water and ½ t salt to medium size pot and bring to a low boil. Add riced cauliflower, cover and cook for 3 - 5 minutes. Drain and set aside.
Add all sauce ingredients to a blender or whisk together in a bowl.
Place riced cauliflower in a bowl, add roasted veggies and top with avocado and tahini sauce. Sprinkle with sesame seeds (optional).
Wed, Feb 01, 23 |